Locks and security devices in particular need a special setup to work with InControl. Follow these steps below to get things working.
- Download and install the latest version of InControl. You will require the Pro Version or a 30-day Trial to use locks.
- From the Tools menu, run Controller Setup and verify that your USB stick is properly connected (You'll see "Controller" show up in your device list when it is.
- If your lock is already included into your network, please exclude it now.
- From within InControl, go to Tools/Options/Z-Wave Controller and check "Use Beta Z-Wave Controller"
- Reboot your computer
- Include your lock using InControl by using the Tools/ZWave Commands/Add menu. This part is vital, as without it, InControl won't know the security keys to use for communication with the lock. For Kwikset locks, it's possible to take the back of the lock off and move it near the computer. A laptop with InControl can also be used for this step.
- Test your lock - if all went well, you should see a lock show up in your device list and you should be able to issue Lock/Unlock commands from the console.